Find helpful books, online resources, and more.
We invite you to review the Group Agreements that guide our group practice.
We use the book Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg as our text for this study and practice group. It is available through local book stores and online through the Center for Nonviolent Communication or Amazon.
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall Rosenberg (PuddleDancer Press • Amazon)
- The Ongo Book by Catherine Cadden and Jesse Wiens (Amazon)
- Words That Work in Business by Ike Lasater (PuddleDancer Press • Amazon)
- What We Say Matters by Judith and Ike Lasater (Amazon)
- Say What You Mean by Oren Jay Sofer (Shambhala Publications • Amazon)
- Nonviolent Communication Companion Workbook for NVC by Lucy Leu (Amazon)
- Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Toolkit for Facilitators by Gill, Leu and Morin (Amazon)
Games and Materials
GROK the World offers games and materials that support the practice of Nonviolent Communication (NVC). We use “GROK cards” frequently in our practice group meetings.
NVC Academy is an excellent resource for studying NVC on your own or with a group of friends. The site contains free and paid courses and materials from many of the most well-known teachers of Nonviolent Communication.
Want a taste of NVC? Check out:
- Own Your Behavior, Master Your Communication, Determine Your Success TedX (18:30) – Louise Evans
- The Toilet Seat Argument (10:53) – NVC Academy
- The Traveling Peacemaker
Search for “NVC YouTube” and include the topic or trainer name that interests you. YouTube has training videos ranging from three-minute “mini-lessons” to full-length courses—all free of charge.
- The Basics of Nonviolent Communication 1.1 (9:00) – Marshall Rosenberg (Marshall sings Given To or Purpose of NVC)
- The Basics of Nonviolent Communication 1.2 (9:10) – Marshall Rosenberg (They Made Me Do It or Jackal Dialect)
- How Do You Talk to Yourself about Making Mistakes (19:40) – Marshall Rosenberg
- Depression (7:00) – Marshall Rosenberg
- Living Compassion Trailer (3:02) – Robert Gonzales
- The Beauty of Needs (3:44) – Robert Gonzales
- Skills for Compassion-Nonviolent Communication (3:36) – Robert Gonzales
- Guided Meditation: Compassionately Embracing (5:22) – Robert Gonzales
- Feelings Using Skills of Nonviolent Communication (0:49) – Rick Goodfriend (aka ‘Why Is Anger Good?’)
- Nonviolent Communication Skills Role Play (7:33) – Rick Goodfriend (aka Training TV)
- What Reality Are You Creating for Yourself -TEDSummit (11:47) – Isaac Lidsky
- NVC in Action: While Being Mugged (5:12) – Alan Muskat
- ‘Jiffy Lube’ Self-Empathy Process (8:29) – Jim & Jori Manske
- NVC & Inner Peace Part 2-Body Exercise (4:12) – Miki Kashtan
- Houses of Healing TEDx (15:32) – Kathleen Macferran
- Turn Toward Suffering (1:34) – Frank Ostaseski
- Direct Action in Love-TEDxTriangleNC (18:31) – Catherine Cadden
- Nonviolent Communication Cartoon (2:23) – Jeroen Lichtenauer
Wisconsin Empathy Guild (WEG)
The Wisconsin Empathy Guild (WEG) has a website that lists trainings, events, and practice groups across Wisconsin and the surrounding area.
Center for Nonviolent Communication
The Center for Nonviolent Communication provides resources for learning NVC, including a searchable database of NVC trainings and practice groups throughout the world.